Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Devil Gave Me a Black Eye, but I Kicked Him in the Shin

HELLO! First, let me say this. I am still finding my way around blogging and want to make my place a nice home for you to visit so I will be readjusting and making changes as I go along. Now, "On with the blog!"....

Well, this is day 2 of the New Year and Satan has already given me a black eye. I was sick all night and have missed the first church service of the year.

I knew he would retaliate because I started something for the Lord -- I just wasn't expecting it this soon. I guess that's called getting "sucker punched". I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that when you step out of the darkness (depression) that Satan has had you in for so long he's gonna get mad. He thought he had me, but I've escaped.

You know, when you've been in the darkness for awhile and step out into the light it blinds you at first. Satan wasn't about to let me get adjusted to the light before he attacked. He's cunning like that. That let's me know that I need to get reacquainted with my enemy. I need to study him like a boxer studies his opponent before getting into the ring with him. I also need to keep the Lord, my Protector, close. He is my Rear Guard, my Strength, and my Shield. I am weak (I've proved that), but He is strong! Let me take heed lest I fall...again. (Now all these things happened unto them (the Israelites) for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.- 1 Corinthians 10:11-12 KJV)

But alas, my weight loss plan starts tomorrow. If I get the flu that's going around then that just means my weight loss will get a kick-start, but I would reeeally not choose to start it that way.

Anyway, since I feel so bad this will be a short one. I'm going back to bed. I'm not even going to let it bother me that I just talked to my husband, told him how badly I feel and he just said, "Okay, I'll see you when I get home." Ugh! Men! That's why women need girlfriends so they can tell you how sorry they are and tell you how they hope you will get well soon. Oh well, see y'all later!

May God bless you today over and above what you are able to receive!

With Much Love,

The Princess Warrior

P.S. I kicked satan in the shin by writing this anyway. He's not gonna punch me in the eye without a fight! =)

For an update on my blogging efforts please visit: The Makings of a Princess Warrior


Copyright Information
Copyright © 2009 The Princess Warrior Ministries. All articles are copyrighted on the date they are posted, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Permission granted for not-for-sale reproduction in exact form including copyright and web address. Other uses require written permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would really love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...