Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: New Beginnings for The Princess Warrior

With God as Your Guide!
A new year a new day...a day where we can put the past in the past and start fresh. I'm sure all across the nation people have resolved to start or stop something that will greatly impact their lives. Today, I want to share one of mine.

This is undoubtedly the number one resolution that is made every year - to LOSE WEIGHT. I have made this resolution many, many times in the past and each time failed after a couple of weeks. On top of that, in March 2008, I became mostly bedridden and house bound. Now, 60 lbs. overweight and with numerous health problems, I MUST lose weight if I am to have any quality of life.

To lose weight for real this time, I have, in my mind, revisited the resolutions made previously to see why I failed. I think the #1 reason is - I didn't hold myself accountable to anyone or anything. I made the resolution to myself and, unfortunately, I am very lenient with self. If I fail myself, it's no big deal. Yes, I feel guilty, but not enough to stop me in my tracks. Sooooo, this year, I am going to hold myself accountable. I am going to use tools and strengths that I have not used before. Here is a list of the ones I will be using:
  1. I am going to ask God to help me to make my vessel a presentable vessel for Him. To help me lose weight so I can "be more" and "do more" for Him, my family, my church, my friends, and my future friends...(you maybe?) =) As a Christian, I know our days are limited. First, the Lord could come back this year to get His children and I want to be found living for Him in my greatest capacity. Also, this could be the year that I die and again I want to leave this life knowing that I have made the greatest impact on others for Christ...to my family first and then everyone else.

  2. I am going to use an online tool that has been successful for a lot of Christians. It can be found at Setting Captives Free. Click on "Online Courses" and choose "Lord's Table" (this is a free course). Here is an excerpt from the course: Phase I: 60 lessons to help you gain control of your eating habits while learning to look to God for spiritual sustenance. FYI - they also have courses for other addictions as well.

  3. I have joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and will start going to local meetings on Tuesday evenings. There is a fee involved with this program, but it is less expensive than other similar programs out there. If you are interested in getting more info on this group please go to TOPS. The main reason I joined is: Friendly Environment New members are welcomed to join the journey to better health and supported by other members sharing similar journeys. Accountability Weekly, confidential weigh-ins provide personal accountability and a progress record.

  4. I'm going to get the word out to all my friends on Facebook (and other social networks I subscribe to) about my weight loss journey in hopes of getting their encouragement and prayers. Purdy pleeeeease! =)

  5. I am going to join other support groups which are tied into my reason for being overweight in the first place. I have fibromyalgia (FMS), chronic fatigue (CFS), severe arthritis, back and neck problems (some issues came from a car accident), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), and possibly Bipolar Disorder, etc. just to name a few (hope I didn't leave anything out...Lol). Some of my family and friends are going to say, "I had no idea" and others will say "Well, that explains it". Lol! Anyway, although I will try to post on a regular basis it may take me all day (sometimes) to put my thoughts together and some days I may be doing this from bed or the couch, but it is what it is. In addition to my normal posts, I will include how I cope with these disorders and will also report to you about the support groups I visit, but at the same time giving God all the glory because I would not even think about taking this journey without Him.

  6. And, this is the worst one - sometime, in the future, I will post a picture of me at my lowest point in life and also a picture of me on the first day of my weight loss journey. Yes, these will be very embarrassing photos, but if I can help someone else it will be worth it to me. I would love to show someone else there is hope and help. 

  7. And last, but not least, through blogging...putting myself out there before the world. I want to get encouragement from you, the reader, and I want to be an encouragement to others who may be looking for a way to "keep" a resolution to lose weight for the first time.
On Monday, January 9th, 2012, I will start my weight loss journey and will let you know how it goes. Why Monday? Well, to me, Monday is the start of the week and since I have ODC I have to do things in order. That's just the way I roll! Lol! I hope you'll go with me on the journey...I need you! =)

May God bless you today over and above what you are able to receive!

Much Love,

Wanda (AKA: The Princess Warrior, Mom, Mama Wanda, Madre, Jim's wife, Wanda Woman, Wunder Woman, Babe, Hey You, Wicked Wanda - though saved by the grace of God, Suzy or Suzy Q, Weenie Wanda, Buttons - thanks Danielle, Wa Wa - thanks Hudson)

P.S. Sure, I am only human and I know I will stumble along the way, but this time I won't stay down...I WILL, by the grace of God, get back up! Oh, and I will also share some of my other resolutions in the next few days.

P.P.S. There is one other important thing I want to mention: I don't want to call this a diet.  I want to start a new way of life! ;-D

The Princess Warrior



Copyright Information
Copyright © 2009 The Princess Warrior Ministries. All articles are copyrighted on the date they are posted, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Permission granted for not-for-sale reproduction in exact form including copyright and web address. Other uses require written permission. Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture references are taken from the King James Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would really love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...