Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sometimes, God’s Warrior’s Cry


In case you didn’t know – sometimes, God’s warrior’s cry. That’s what makes them warriors. They are passionate about what they believe in. But, they get weary in the battle – mustering the strength to carry on. They know that God has already won the war, but the battles will rage on until the King of kings swoops in to save the day. They have no idea how many battles must be fought before it is the end, so they push on – moving forward – moving toward their destiny with many tears being shed along the way.

They are full of anguish when a lost loved one still chooses to walk in darkness and the enemy has them shackled in chains and they think they are free, but they are slaves. 

Warriors are full of sorrow when they see a once strong brother or sister fall in the faith or see their knees buckling while under severe attack from the enemy. 

But, they also cry for the weaker brothers and sisters who are unprepared for the battle because they have chosen worldly pursuits over time with their Protector, learning how to stand, and now they are facing their adversary unprepared. They have not reinforced the foundation on which they stand, their swords are small and sometimes non-existent and their armor thrown on haphazardly or even worse – cast aside. 

And warrior’s cry for the world. They cry for those who are still in darkness because no one has yet shown them the light. And they cry out to God to raise up more warriors because they know that the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. “God, please!” they cry, “We need them! Time is running out!”

So, what keeps these warriors fighting on into the night; day after day, year after year? Because they’ve read the back of the Book and they know that one day, when the smoke clears, the last shot is fired, and the last fiery dart is thrown that they will look all around, as far as the eye can see and know that their enemy has not only been defeated, but utterly destroyed because their Captain took them all down with one final blow. 

Then comes the final cry, but this time, it is a cry of victory that will echo throughout the ages to come! All hail King Jesus! All hail King Jesus! All hail King Jesus! Can you hear it? Can you picture it? I can. It’s going to be glorious! Victory, sweet victory! Victory in Jesus! The enemy has been cast down and will harm us no more!

Dear brothers and sisters are you in the battle with me? You must be prepared, for perilous times are coming like this world has never known. Are you fully prepared for the adversary? Are your loved ones safe in the fold? If you do not pray for them and try to win them, who will?

Or perhaps, you do not belong to God and you are waiting, for who knows what, to come to Christ. You have been wavering in making a decision – thinking that there will be so much that you will have to give up to follow Christ. And I’m not going to lie to you – you will have to give up a lot, but my dear friend, what you receive in place of what you’ve lost is far beyond your comprehension. 

And will you not choose to live? Will you not give up the temporal to receive the eternal? There is not one thing in this life that is worth trading your soul for – not one thing that is worth spending an eternity in hell, separated from God and your loved ones who chose Him. And not one thing worth trading for the splendors of heaven and spending an eternity with the One who has loved you far beyond what you can understand.

And this warrior cried while writing this post, for my own sweet daughter has turned her back on God, hurling blasphemous insults at the One I love and once thought she did too. She will be separated from me forever if she does not change her direction and the thought of that is unbearable.

And I cried for other family members who claim to know Christ, but seem to be far from Him in their hearts. 

And I cried for my brothers and sisters who are fighting battles right now. Unprepared or not, my heart grieves for them – because I know what they are going through, for I am not a stranger to the enemy’s attacks. Many times I have been beat down.

This can be an abundant life for Christ, but it is not “our best life now” – our best life is yet to come and then we can rest. On that day, the warrior’s tears will cease, for the Lord Himself will dry every one. 

Dear friends, I pray that this will be an encouragement and a help to you. I pray it will give you courage to carry on, to not lose hope, and to not lose sight of our glorious future. The battle is the Lord’s! Cling to Him! Cling to His promises! He is faithful who has promised!

For His glory and honor,

The Princess Warrior




Copyright Information Copyright © 2009 The Princess Warrior Ministries. All articles are copyrighted on the date they are posted, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Permission granted for not-for-sale reproduction in exact form including copyright and web address. Other uses require written permission. Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture references are taken from the King James Bible.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I needed this. I noticed the date that you posted this was March 14, 2012 That was the day my sword shattered and one more battle became more than I can handle. After 40 years of spiritual warfare, I was curled in a ball screaming and sobbing. The battle I had been in had taken such a toll on me that I barely could speak, let alone take a step. I'm an incredibly strong woman and I shattered in to a thousand pieces along with my sword.
    The battle that nearly ended me, was one to protect members of my immediate family. I had no back up that time. I had no one to help me. The one who normally was my back up is the one who was the target of the attack, and had been for a while. Suffice it to say, I'm down for the count and out of the picture for now.
    However this spoke to me. Thank you. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, I have been trying to reply to this message, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I came back here today to try one more time. Friend, I can tell you I have been where you are and can say that I am still recovering...one day at a time. When the battles get too strong for us and causes us to fall it is because we did battle in our own strength. There is no way that we will grow weary if we are letting God fight for us. He is more than able to handle our problems. Yes...I am speaking from experience.

    Some of us are born this way and have certain personality traits and others develop this way due to life circumstances...we become self-reliant...doing everything in our own strength. The more we do it the harder it is to let go and let God. It's a control issue. There is fear involved. Fear of relinquishing our lives and our circumstances to anyone else...it's self-preservation. This is a common characteristic of someone who has experienced deep hurt and/or rejection. We want to control everything so that we won't feel that pain ever again, but because we don't hand it over to God and let Him take the brunt of our situations we open ourselves up to even more hurt and pain. We are not capable of doing what God can do and we can't bear what God can bear.

    Please do not look at this as the end of being a warrior for Christ...accept it as a period of rest and restoration...a time to look within yourself...to examine your heart as Paul admonishes, to see if you are in the faith...to ask God to reveal anything within that needs to be dealt with and ask for His help in letting go of the need for control and to trust Him with everything you were not meant to handle. If we can trust God to save our sinful soul from hell we must also trust Him to guide us and fight for us...every day!

    God knows our frame. He did not create man to experience anxiety, depression, anger, loneliness, jealousy...you know, all the bad emotions. Through the fall of man they have become a part of us, but we can't handle those emotions alone. We MUST let God do His part. He tells us that His burden is light. In Him we can have joy during tribulations, peace during turmoil and confidence during times of uncertainty, but it will only be through Him.

    Hear what Moses said to the children of Israel: "And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." ~Exodus 14:13-14

    STAND STILL my friend! Let the Lord fight for you!! God bless you! I'm praying for you! ~TPW ♔

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I would really love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...