Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Guidelines for Living

GUIDELINES FOR LIVING
How to know if an action or situation is okay for a child of God! (If the answer is "No" to any of the following, then I should not participate in the action or the situation.) 
1.  Will doing this bring honor and glory to God? 
2.  Will this cause anyone to stumble and sin? 
3.  Is the issue important enough to cause division in the church? 
4.   Will this help win someone to Christ? 
5.  Will this direct attention to God's grace and salvation?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"An Evening Prayer" by C.M. Battersby

If I have wounded any soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have uttered idle words or vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I myself shall suffer through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have been perverse or hard or cold,
If I have longed for shelter in Thy fold,
When Thou hast given me some fort to hold,
Dear Lord, forgive!

Forgive the sins I have confessed to Thee,
Forgive the secret sins I do not see,
O guide me, love me, and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was shared with me by a friend and sister-in-Christ. I thought it was some good advice and counsel. Following these guidelines will surely save us from a lot of heartache and strife.

May God bless you today over and above what you are able to receive! 
Much Love, 
The Princess Warrior 
 
Copyright Information- All blog entries are copyright by The Princess Warrior on the date they are posted, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture references are taken from the King James Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would really love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...