Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ye are the Branches

 
~Shared by Denise Phillips Taylor
 
Today, I listened to a beautiful bird singing and the sound was soothing to my soul. I also noticed a Morning Glory winding around my beautiful yellow rose bush -- the rose is not thriving. Morning Glories are pretty flowers and have strong vines, however, the vines are small. The rose is old, tall and has large branches. This led me to ponder on how this smaller flower is taking over the life of the older and larger rose.

Well this is really not a mystery, look around and see how small things in our lives creep in and before we realize it we have been overtaken and our life is being smothered out.

What are your small things that are invading your spiritual life, snuffing out your ability to keep your focus on GOD? What are the things you can do to protect yourself?

What if you are the rose and your being is so engulfed in the "stuff" around you, where does your help come from. Who or what is going to prune the tangled vines from your spirit?

I know if I call on JESUS, who is my Savior, He will tear away every hold on me and wrap me in his arms, nourish me, and restore me to a complete and whole being again.

HIS voice whispering to me will sooth my soul and let me grow.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. ~John 15:5-6

Copyright Information 
Copyright © 2009 The Princess Warrior Ministries. All articles are copyrighted on the date they are posted, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Permission granted for not-for-sale reproduction in exact form including copyright and web address. Other uses require written permission. Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture references are taken from the King James Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would really love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...